Monday, May 24, 2010

Macias at (almost) one year

While he won't be a year old for another few weeks, I thought I'd take a moment to share some recent pics of my beautiful baby boy who is already growing up way too fast before his birthday and all his Grandmas and Grandpas come to visit. Wasn't it just yesterday that I could hold his whole body in my arm (the "football" hold)? Now I feel like I'll blink and he'll be asking for the keys to the car on a Saturday night. He is walking all over the house with the aid of this walker-thing I bought for him and has almost worked up the nerve to take his first steps unassisted. We were finally able to turn his car seat around so he can see what's going on (which he loves) and I even have him helping me play Plants vs. Zombies on the iPad (his job is to catch the sun as it falls from the sky). He continues to amaze me with his willingness to eat whatever healthy food his Mother makes for him (including Kale - KALE, folks), as well as with his even-tempered personality and his always-on smile. I can honestly say that I should have done this a lot sooner….





1 comment:

jayna said...

I hate to say "I told you so"...but, well, I do it constantly. You just don't get the whole parent thing until it's your own baby! :)

He's A-dorable. Enjoy every minute of his pudgy babyness because he'll be running it off in his second year and you'll miss it when it's gone.