Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Freaking out - parent style

I have been dreading the first time Macias gets sick - the feeling of being so sad that he hurts but doesn't understand why mixed with a complete inability on my part to do anything about it...not good. Last night he was coughing and sneezing a little more than usual, and some green stuff came out of his nose. He also woke up in the middle of the night crying, which he hasn't done for almost two months. So Allison and I went into full crisis mode - up in the middle of the night monitoring his sleep, taking his temperature, calling his day care to check on him, devising a plan as to which one of us was going to pick him up if they called and wanted him to go home, having his Pediatrician on speed dial, reading up on infant respiratory conditions - we were as ready as we were ever going to be.....

....which is why I feel a little silly at the moment because it appears he just had an incredibly severe, eight hour long case of....the sniffles.

We will continue to monitor the situation closely.

2 comments:

Bill Wheatley said...

This is your trainer kid. Once you're upto the second kid jean-luc you guys will be old pros :)

Heather said...

Morgan- I totally understand. I'm dreading the first time Griff gets sick. He had a bit of a temperature one night and you should have seen Mike and I freak out.