Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm with this guy...

Many people who know I bleed orange and blue have asked me to comment on the Jay Cutler saga, and even though it's been discussed and discussed to the point of disgust, I'll throw in my two cents anyway....

My loyalties lie with my QB. I have no idea who this Josh McDainels cat is, but he has already shown himself to be a complete jackass. After watching his interview on NFL Network tonight, he proved to the consummate New England Patriot - when asked tough questions, give non-answers. He had an opportunity to speak to every Denver Bronco fan, including this one, and chose not to say one meaningful word.

You would think that fixing the 29th ranked Defense in the NFL would be his first priority, but no, apparently first he figured he needed to run our Pro Bowl QB out of town. Anybody who watched the Broncos last year knows that they only reason they won 8 games in the first place was because of the QB and the head coach. Makes perfect sense then to toss them both out I suppose. The very idea of giving up a 25 year old Pro Bowl Quarterback is so asinine that I'm still in disbelief that it happened. I've also had it with the owner Pat Bowlen who said he was going to be more in control of the team after firing Shannahan, yet has been damn-near AWOL during this whole situation.

Now I'm sure Cutler's agent is pushing this hard, presumably looking for a new contract, and it would be nice if the player could reign him in for the good of the team. But it comes down to this - I have no interest in my team becoming the Denver Patriots, no matter how many Super Bowl's they've won. The Denver Broncos that I know (or knew) valued loyalty (to our players), honesty (not videotaping people), and most importantly, their fans. Hopefully this will get fixed, otherwise I couldn't care less if we go 4-12 for the next three years if that's what it takes to get McDainels out of town.

1 comment:

Brian said...

As soon as I heard this, I crossed my fingers the Bears weren't hibernating on this one. Fortunately, they weren't.

In my opinion, the Broncos pulled off a decent deal despite their hand being forced as it was.