Saturday, December 06, 2008

HOLY CRAP!!!

As noted by my lovely wife, on or around June 17th, 2009 there will be another Bonner in the world. I had always said that I didn't want to have children until I was over thirty, which seemed like a good idea during my twenties until I actually passed right on by thirty this past March and realized I was out of time. Still, much like buying a computer if you wait and wait and wait until the time is right you'll probably never buy one. My emotions range from happy and excited to scared poo-less over how we're going to pay for this bundle of joy with uncertain (to say the least) futures at both our places of employment. Overall though, when I see things that I can now buy like this and this I'm not nearly as afraid of the sleepless nights and dirty diapers as I was before. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go register a couple of domains for the little Padawan to come....one less thing for the kid to have to worry about when they grow up!

8 comments:

Debz said...

Good luck, fella, you'll do great.

Heather said...

Congratulations to the both of you!

Randy said...

Holy cow! Another nerdling among my friends! Congratulations to the both of you.

Jeff Vrabel said...

I just spit coffee all over everything, which is telling, since you will probably want to get used to having damp sticky liquids of disturbing origin all over your computers. Congratulations, guys! Do they make lightsabers in newborn sizes?

amanda finney said...

Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you!

chris said...

Vrabel is right - I have seen/smelled/touched things that cannot be unseen/unsmelled/untouched.

Your work experience should have prepared you well for dealing with an individual that acts entirely irrationally and always with complete disregard to your wishes.

Plus, it's legal in SC to smack your kid, but they'll lock you up for smacking your dog (or cat).

Ok, that's all the helpful opinions I have to share for one evening. Congrats on the new geek-let.

Mr. Webb said...

Way to go. As the proud owner of a 16, 9 and 3 year old I can honestly say, TREASURE YOU PEACE AND QUIET NOW WHILE YOU STILL HAVE IT! Just kidding it's great and if I did it you can to.

Neil Dawson said...

I had heard the rumors, so I had to see if its true. Congratulations. That's awesome. You've managed to keep cats alive, so kids can be that much harder, right?