Friday, December 12, 2008

A day in the life of Okatie Park

A few photos taken with my new Nikon D60 - yes, in addition to doing my part to stimulate the economy, I'm stocking up on gadgets now. I'm told that once the baby comes you spend your money solely on it and nothing else. Not sure how my gadget addiction will play into that....we'll see.


The tallest current member of the rose garden Allison planted a while back


A rose by any other name...


Ady stands guard in the front yard, ready to defend us from evil pine cones...


Vultures hovering overhead, perhaps sensing the end of a newspaper career?


The back gate at night...


A car drives down Old Bailey Road...


The stars behind our house...

3 comments:

chris said...

I like the photo of the woods. Cool glow in the forest and textured sky. Focus is a little soft though.

Wish I'd have known you were in the market - I'd have given you a good deal on my D70.

Brian said...

In the thumbnail version, the back gate looks like it's on fire. Cool shot.

Bill Wheatley said...

Good pics but i'm a canon guy myself but i suppose those pics are alright :P

I totally thought you had a forest fire in that one pic