Wednesday, November 05, 2008

President-Elect Obama

Goodness gracious those are some words I've been waiting a long time to write! When I wrote about how I had decided to support him last December there was never a doubt in my mind that he would win in the end. I think that comes from the underlying faith I have in my country to always do the right thing in the end, even if we make some mistakes along the way. Admittedly it was hard to feel that way four years ago tonight, but last night right around 11PM eastern time my faith in America was restored completely.

Allison and I spent the evening at casa del Vrabel, along with some fellow Packet Dems. As Jeff explained "one way or the other, you're going to want to be around people....", and he was correct. While I was slightly freaking out when they couldn't call Virginia right away, and was the Debbie-downer who reminded everyone that 9:30 was right around the time they called Florida for Gore eight years ago, I let loose with my best Admiral Ackbar deep, deep sigh of relief when they finally put him over 270. Enjoy the related video goodness and please excuse the horrid cinematography and low light conditions.

I'm tired but very happy - now we get a few weeks off until the real fun begins....trying to solve all the problems we have facing our country. Thankfully, we just elected the right man for the job.

1 comment:

Bill Wheatley said...

I'm glad heathers vote was able to help put florida over the top.
Too bad i never got my absentee ballots so i couldn't vote :'(