Monday, September 01, 2008

Freakin' Hurricanes....

With Hurricane Hannah currently projecting to hit somewhere near us later this week, I've begun the process of trying to decide what needs to go with Allison (who will be going to my Mom's) what needs to go with me (who will be staying/going with the Packet) and what we will leave behind should we be called to evacuate. The smallest trinket can lead to an agonizing decision - at the moment, I'm in the Bronco room looking at the photos from our trip to Denver and the game against the Chiefs two years ago that Allison had made into canvas as a Christmas present for me that are hanging on the wall. It's not like I don't have the same pictures on my various computers, and they would take up valuable space in the car. Still, I would hate to leave them - they are special to me and help to make the room what it is. Same thing with my Darth Vader coin bank, Carmello Anthony bobble-head, and my Ninja Gaiden wall scroll. I've never been that into material possessions save for my gadgets, but the thought of never seeing these things again makes me sad. I can only hope that this storm decides to go back out to sea and won't affect our lives and the lives of our neighbors. Still, as I was walking around my neighborhood tonight instead of playing a Podcast or music, I just listened to the sounds of the frogs and the subtle hum of the street lamps and the breeze to soak it in....just in case.....

4 comments:

Bill Wheatley said...

Do they build houses up there to the hurricane code of south flroida? If so you will be fine for the most part just keep things off the ground in case of any flooding. And if you really want to be sure thing are safe put them inside sealed trash bags off the ground. But if anything really bad happens you'll completely forget about that stuff and just be glad your loved ones are safe.

Jeff Vrabel said...

Please, get therapy immediately.

Heather said...

Well it looks like we will be facing Ike right behind Hanna, and maybe if we are REALLY lucky...Josephine too! I love Florida!

RealGirl said...

If we do evacuate, what will be served for dinner at the shelters?