Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fired up! Ready to go!

Allison and I attended a "Unite for Change" event today in Savannah hosted by a co-worker of hers. There were over 4,000 of these events held all across the country today. Basically the idea was to meet other Obama supporters and discuss why we are supporting him and talk about our potential involvement in the campaign - everything from working the phones and beating the streets to helping with voter registration. It was a nice change of pace to be surrounded by like-minded people - compare this to my workplace, where I take incoming fire from the Conservatives in the office nearly every day (yes, I know I enjoy giving it back as good as I get it, but I'm just saying it was a nice break from the ordinary). I came away feeling as though I could certainly be doing more to help - it occurs to me that I know a lot of people through this job of mine that might not be registered. The least I could do is talk to them and make sure they know the rules and that they won't be called for jury duty if they vote! I had already registered one of my staff members who had never voted before (she wasn't allowed another day off until she did), so that's one down.....

No comments: