Saturday, May 31, 2008

Dreams can be meaningful

Like most people, I'm not the type to remember my dreams all that well, but I thought I'd comment on one that I had the other night, as it was short but sweet. So, in my dream I'm standing in front of a great castle (it may have been the castle from Monty Python and the Holy Grail) and thinking to myself that I need to get to the top to rescue the princess. As I near the castle, I see my fellow Pre-Press droid Jody in front holding a basket of bread. She says to me "Here, take this - you'll need it" and hands me a slice of Pumpernickel. Bread in hand, I charge into the castle, ready to vanquish any who would oppose me. Sure enough, a guard in full Knight armor stands in my way - he takes a swing at me with his sword, which I manage to avoid. Then I counter by hitting him square in the face with my mighty slice of bread. He goes down like a ton of bricks. I begin to laugh hysterically, and then proceed to laugh so hard that I wake myself up laughing. I become aware that I am not in fact in the castle anymore but in my bedroom with Allison standing over me asking me why I'm laughing so hard. Tears steaming down my face, I proceed to tell her the story of my hard-fought battle with the Knight, and how I emerged victorious. She says something like "That's nice baby, have a good day" kisses me and leaves for work. I continue to laugh like a maniac for another 2 minutes or so.

So if we were to analyze this dream, what would the conclusion be? I am at a loss, but I do know that if you see me with bread in my hand you better not mess with me, or you'll be sorry.

2 comments:

Bill Wheatley said...

LOL thats good stuff.
I had a dream like that awhile ago where i work heather up. I dreamt that this cat was hunting a bat. But then these 4 bats all came out and held the cat down and the bats started to hump the cat. I awoke in hysterical laughter as well.

Heather said...

LMAO!!! That's good stuff...It reminds me of the dream I had a long time ago, where there were these bad guys coming after me and when I went to shoot them with my gun, it turned into a bendy straw that shot spit balls!