Saturday, April 19, 2008

Working the night shift

As tomorrow is Heritage Sunday (aka the biggest paper of the year) I decided that to make sure everything goes smoothly (and for my own peace of mind) to come in and work tonight. I have always enjoyed working at night, going back to my days as the nightshift Ad Designer at the Idaho Statesman. There's something about putting the paper to bed that I love. Or maybe it's just the complete and utter lack of Ad Reps in the building pestering me to get their stupid late ads in that I find irresistible. Another great part about it is that since I stay until both papers are done I avoid the dreaded 2AM phone call when there's a problem. In any case, I also like working at night every once and a while because I get to hang out with some of the people on the press crew that I rarely see. Tonight I met a dude named Keno who was a dead-ringer for Michael Strahan. In fact, maybe since he won the Super Bowl he's done with football and decided he wanted to enter the next phase of his career, starting right here at the Packet. Anyway, there are some cool people here and they have a lot of fun at night, but even so everyone is very professional and gets the job well done. Maybe the boss will let me work nights more often! Eh, probably not. Something about wanting to spend time with her incredibly awesome husband or something....I don't know what that's all about....

2 comments:

Servidores said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Bill Wheatley said...

AHH your first blog spam brother!