Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sickly

My streak of perfect attendance years will end at four - at some point yesterday (the point being where I ate fish tacos at Amigos - the same place that likes to try to kill me every once in a while) I contracted some manner of stomach flu or food poisoning. I will not go into gory details, but suffice it to say that last night starting at 2AM and ending at 12:30PM today I got an up close and personal view of the various sinks & toilets in my house - fifteen times! It got to the point that I would plan out which sink I would visit next. Gross.

Aside from the violent unpleasantness I encountered during those 10 hours, more irritating to me was that I had to miss a day of work. As chronicled before, perfect attendance has always meant something to me, as I never got anywhere near it in school. In between waiting for my completely empty stomach to again try to expel....whatever the hell it was trying to expel, I logged into work and printed a few sections, made a few edition plans and responded to a few e-mails. Still, even though I did some work I'm not getting out of having to take that sick day, which sucks.

There is one silver lining in this situation however; I lost 3 pounds today and am now at my ideal weight of 165 pounds! So all you have to do to lose weight is come down with a debilitating illness that keeps you from eating! After having one too many salads during my recent attempts to eat better, I'm not 100% sure I wouldn't have just done this earlier.

Yeah, actually I am 100% sure. God today sucked.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! I am so sorry to hear about your gastrointestinal issues...you sure you are not somehow linked to my puppy seeing as you two share the same name? (see my blog) :o)
Feel better!

Bill Wheatley said...

Wow so that place has made you sick 2x now. Unfortunately food poisoning is hard to prove but you're not a sueing sort so i take it you won't ever eat their again?

Feel better bones

Chris Yates said...

Oh sure, blame it on Amigos and not your weak constitution.

:)

Yay bulimia!

You're on your way to being Americas Next Top Model!

Brian said...

I haven't had Amigos in 18 months. I would kill for a plate of their chicken quesadillas.