Monday, October 29, 2007

Wait 'til next year....

Well the Rockies season came to an end last night, as they were finished off by the Red Sox in the World Series. I am disappointed, but the day after it's easier to remember what the state of the team was just a month ago, and now anything seems possible. I think the best part about this run that they went on to get to the World Series was that it rekindled my love of the game. The Broncos will always be my first love, but Baseball was the sport I played growing up, and remains my favorite game to both play and watch in person. I had let my frustrations with the Rockies ownership and the way in which they ran the franchise take me to a point where I followed the team, checked the box score every day, but ultimately didn't really care about what happened to them. Not anymore - the Rox are back and I'm already looking forward to spring training! Here's my bold prediction for 2008 - Rockies over the Indians in 6 games. W00t!

2 comments:

Bill Wheatley said...

I miss baseball too but the one nice thing about where i live i'm only 15 minutes from the Orioles spring training camp. I goto a few games every year and the players are approacheable. If the rox and orioles play down here in lauderdale you should come down maybe you can get todd heltons signature :)

Brian said...

I like to be helpful: linky.

By the way, Brewers over Angels in 6 in '08.