Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Out of the frying pan....

We kicked off our season tonight in the summer 5-on-5 basketball league at the Hilton Head Rec Center. Most of the WMD's returned, and we added some new blood (some really freaking good new blood) from the press room. Unfortunately, we came up short tonight, losing 40-35 - but I think we served notice that we won't be the laughing stock of the league this time around. I personally played like crap, only getting 6 points, a few boards and turned it over way too many times. I was however surprised that I didn't get that tired. Maybe it was just the adrenaline keeping me going, or maybe I'm actually somewhat in shape. In any case, I know I can play better, and I know we're going to get some wins in this league. Only a matter of time....when that happens, I'm going to be interested to see how it feels compared to the Broncos winning their first Super Bowl. My guess is the feeling will be similar, minus all the jumping up and down.

1 comment:

Bill Wheatley said...

Heh remember the good old days when we could stay outside and play basketball for 8 hours straight? With the Ocean pines cops harassing us at every turn!