Friday, December 22, 2006

2 years and counting...

Today at the Packet's Christmas luncheon I was awarded with a perfect attendance certificate for 2006. It was my 2nd such certificate in a row, and 3rd in my 4 years since returning from my hiatus in Idaho. I mention this because even though most people ridicule me for assigning such importance to earning one extra vacation day instead of using the provided 80 hours of paid time off from work, I still remain proud of myself for achieving this milestone. The first few times I got the perfect attendance recognition, I was happy because I had been such a sickly child that I never got it in school. However, this year was different - because of all the issues with my neck, there were more than a few days where I seriously did not want to get out of bed in the morning. It could of course be argued that maybe instead of working I should have been at home resting said neck, and perhaps it would be healing faster....but then I would have missed out on some very exciting helpdesk tickets, such as the one asking us to fix the Internet.

2 comments:

Brian said...

So wait... Christmas luncheon? You guys don't even get a night out at a ballroom anymore?

chris said...

Ah, the times, they're a-changin'.

You're a good man, Morgan. Now get back to work.