Monday, November 27, 2006

Harry Homeowner

Well it's official - we've moved into our new house. Saturday was the big move - we will be forever indebted to Matt and Drew (and Mom!) for their help in moving our crap. Things went smoothly for the most part, with nothing damaged or lost. I think we missed our calling - we should get out of this IT gig and provide affordable and quality moving services, since there seems to be a severe lack of those around Bluffton. Sunday we spent a lot of time at the apartment cleaning and packing some little things. We brought the cats over last night - they were predictably freaked out, but I'm sure they'll adjust soon enough. The first few days have seen their share of problems - there are several little things wrong in the house (HVAC, plumbing, dishwasher all have issues) but for the most part it's in pretty good shape, and the front yard should be delivered today (yes, I said delivered). We had an adventure with the sub-conctractor from Dish Network, who really didn't want to be there, didn't want to install a dish, and was basically a complete tool. Oh, and Hargray failed to show up on Friday, so I was without TV and the Intarweb for the last 3 days. I haven't passed out yet, but it's touch and go. Hopefully all those things get resolved in the next day or so. The one thing that does freak me out is being one of only three houses occupied in the neighborhood. There are lots of houses being worked on, so I'm sure we'll have neighbors soon, but it really feels like we're all alone - currently, in the middle of nowhere. I have all my various weapons handy to fend off the coyotes we've been told prowl the area at night. Anywho, I'm sure once we're all unpacked and set up we'll be ready to receive visitors. Of course, we can really only fit two at a time, so give us a little while on that one....

5 comments:

Bill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bill said...

congrats man i'll come up and you can show me around :)

Peter said...

Midgetpimps are terrible. Congratulations on the house.

Brian said...

Dude, post pics of the house. I already know what a goddamn U-Haul looks like.

Morgan Bonner said...

Ok ok! I was just waiting for the lawn to be installed. Pics to follow....