Thursday, September 21, 2006

Steamboat Springs, CO

Home to ski resorts, t-shirt shops, candy stores, and of course the magnificent Allison Bonner. A warning to all those who might venture this way - don't bother unless there is snow on the mountain, and you like to ski. Seriously - this place is dead right now. I'm sure it's a happening place in the winter, but some parts of this town are completely empty, just waiting for the first snow to fall. Which actually is supposed to happen this weekend - too bad we'll miss it. Anyway, after a little searching we did find the house that Allison spent the first 4 years of her life living in. We also walked downtown (4 times) and ate ourselves silly at the local watering holes. Other than that, there wasn't much to do - so we took the opprotunity to hit the local Quick Mart and Laundromat. Shown here: Allison bored. All in all, there is something to be said for a slower pace of life, but I still found myself constantly hoping we'd turn the corner and see a Best Buy. I guess you can take the boy out of the city....today we head back east to Boulder to meet up with the family. I personally am hoping that we can sneak back to Denver - the Rox are still in town, taking on the Braves....

2 comments:

debz said...

what "city" were you taken out of? bluffton??

Bill Wheatley said...

City boy my ass you're just a country bumpkin like me :) Though the though out of moving out of the city makes me scared to lose my fiber broadband connection 40 megs.....for 60 dollars a month thats ...heaven!

btw this makes me think of you bro
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1384277706451157121&q=white+and+nerdy

have fun on your vacation