Wednesday, September 06, 2006

PAIN!!!!

Spent the last few days in Greenville getting Mom all set up in her new place. I have to say that the more time I spend in that town the more I like it. I just can't help but think "wow there's not one of those in Bluffton" or "wow this doesn't suck like it does in Bluffton". It was more than a little depressing to come home after getting a glimpse of how things should be done. Sigh....anyway, the move itself went fairly well, with only a few snags. Although the moving company sent four dudes to pack the truck with Mom's stuff, they only sent two dudes to unload it. We didn't get there until 5:30, so realizing that it was going to take all night otherwise, I jumped in and starting helping them. Now, obviously as these boys were professional movers, they were just a wee-bit stronger than me - not wanting to embarrass myself, I lifted/carried/hoisted way more than I should have. There was one piece of furniture in particular, a desk if I remember correctly, that I had no business even touching let alone lifting, but did so anyway. My reward for my stupid, macho behavior? I appear to have aggravated my neck injury that has been plaguing me for the last 18 months. I further screwed myself by then driving the whole way home without stopping, thus putting even more pressure on my poor, decrepit neck muscles. Ouch. I am going back to the Doctor on Friday, and don't plan to leave until the dude fixes me. Or refers me to someone who can fix me. If it can't be fixed then I don't think I'll be long for this world. I'll post my will on the blog - I'm sure that will be legally binding....right?

2 comments:

Brian said...

So should Yates and I sign you up for the Nuke Bluffton Club? You wouldn't have to lift anything.

Anonymous said...

So you must have expended your last measly ounces of strength in that punching bag incident awhile back?!? Of course you were younger back then.