Thursday, August 03, 2006

None of them are a match for the Wind Bug....

I have often decried the current reality TV craze - these shows that serve no purpose other than to make people zone out for an hour at a time and allow for a certain President of the United States to start wars and run the Bill of Rights through a paper shredder with little or no opposition. I have avoided them for the most part, although every once in a while Allison wears me down about how I never let her watch what she wants to watch - so I relent and hand over the remote, only to be immediately subjected to freakin' "Instant Beauty Pageant" or some other such nonsense. However, in a shining example of the 98th Rule of Acquisition, every man truly does have his price. I discovered "Who Wants to be a Superhero?" quite by accident, but after only two shows am now hooked. While Lemuria is my favorite so far, I think Major Victory is going to win it all. After all, his super powers are: levitation, super-strength, jumps 375 feet straight up, can go 25 minutes without air, and can manipulate sound waves to throw his voice. His only weekness? Lactose intolerant. Don't count out Fat Mama though....she's fighting for "the children".

1 comment:

Allison Bonner said...

i feel i must stick up for myself. i RARELY watch those shows...partly because you are the t.v. nazi and also because i freakin' think all day and i just want to relax and laugh at people. i guess now i'm just stuck laughing at you!