Sunday, July 30, 2006

This is South Carolina??!!

Just got back from Greenville where we went with Mom to help her explore the place and look for a place to live. It was my second trip up there - this time we ventured a little farther downtown and went to Falls Park. I have to say it was prolly the most scenic location I've ever been to in South Carolina (barely edging out the parking lot of the Squat & Gobble). I didn't go swimming like some of the people, nor did I slide down the rocks like this dude (who judging from the way he bounced when he went down must have had one seriously sore butt when he got home), but I did venture out in the middle of the rocks and water. I got a little far out, then realized I'd have to traverse some fairly slippery rocks to get back. Came to one rock in particular and had to work up the nerve to jump on it. There is something about taking your life in your own hands and living dangerously that is.....COMPLETELY STUPID!!! I was an idiot for going out that far, and if I were that kids Father there's no way he would ever have been anywhere near those rocks to slide down them. Ugh...playing games with life....I don't understand it. Anyway, it was a good trip - I ate way too much (they have a bakery there called Strossners that make a "Peanut Butter Volcano" - dark chocolate cake with a layer of PB inside....holy crap!), drank too much (just kidding) and got to know what will undoubtedly become my home-away-from home for the foreseeable future.

8 comments:

Brian said...

That looks like one awesome water slide! I might pad my suit with some Charmin first though.

chris said...

Yes Morgan, there is scenic stuff in South Carolina. Some of it's even further than 100 yards from a parking lot, though.

Bill Wheatley said...

Your moms so beautiful :)

You really are stealing my look though by going bald. I disapprove.

Morgan Bonner said...

Dude - like I've been saying for the last 15 years: STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM MY MOTHER!!! ;)

debz said...

Jeez, Morgan, you ARE a wuss! I think we need to get you a LifeAlert necklace.

Brian said...

Morgan's LifeAlert bracelet: Caution! Wearer is allergic to fun.

Allison Bonner said...

ha ha ha! good one!

Morgan Bonner said...

How about all three of you go climb a rock or something.