Sunday, June 18, 2006

Typical

Well we've decided to go ahead and buy a house. Construction on a new development called Okatie Park has begun - it's located on Hwy. 170 in Ridgeland, about 8 miles (or 10 minutes) away from our current home. This picture is of the lot we picked out - where I'm standing ought to be our living room come September. The lot actually has trees! Amazing! Anyway, today we went to pick up the contract and hoped to meet with their design people to pick out finishes for the house. We walked in the door of the office and I came face to face with...none other than the woman from Paramount Companies whose head I bit off last Wednesday. Seems she moonlights for the Okatie Park folks during the weekends. To her credit, she didn't say anything to me, and I didn't talk to her for the benefit of Allison and the sales droid from Okatie Park who were not privy to the fact that I had verbally assaulted this poor woman 96 hours prior. Best case senerio: she's gotten yelled at by so many Summer Isle residents who are pissed off at her employer that she didn't remember me. Worst case senerio: she somehow sabotages our efforts to buy a home in this new community in a desperate act of revenge. I guess I'll find out soon enough!

5 comments:

debz said...

holy crap, you're gettin' a house. maybe someday we'll grow up too..

Morgan Bonner said...

From what I can tell, it's highly overrated.

Bill Wheatley said...

Congrats.

Btw if you feel bad that you bit that ladies head off apologize. She'll forgive you and understand that you're pissed at the situation not her personally

Robyn said...

Yeah, I gotta go with Bill on that one. Seeing her there seemed like the perfect opportunity. Maybe you'll run into her again the next time you're at Okatie Park.

Morgan Bonner said...

I don't want her forgivness - she still works for the people that are screwing me and my wife over, which in my view makes her complicit, albiet to a lesser degree than the other people there. The closest thing to an apology that she's going to get is me leaving her alone. Hopefully she'll do the same.