Sunday, May 28, 2006

Hello from Greenvul!

Mom and I are in sunny, hot (but not all that humid) and beautiful Greenville (or vul, if you are a local) this weekend as she checks out the area. She is looking to possibly relocate later this year, and wanted to see this place for herself. It's an interesting place - we've remarked that it's kind of a mix between Boise, Cincinnati, and Salisbury, MD. There's a thriving downtown area, minor league hockey and baseball, and seems to be a very progressive place (well, progressive for South Carolina anyway). In many ways, it's the anti-Hilton Head. Everything, from gas to rent is much less expensive here. I guess you don't realize how much more you pay for the privilege of living on the coast until you leave said coast. We looked at an apartment complex yesterday and their two-bedroom units are $100 less than my one bedroom. Grrrr. Oh, and the first question out of my mouth was whether or not there had been any condo conversions in the area. The person who was showing us around had no idea what I was talking about, but my guess is they'll have to deal with it sooner or later.

So far Mom and I have shopped, ate, ice skated, driven around the whole city, and ate some more. Tomorrow morning she has a pseudo-job interview (more of a getting-to-know-you session) and then we'll head home. It would be nice if I could pick up the Packet and move it to a place like this - but they already have a paper here. Oh well :(

No comments: