Monday, May 29, 2006

The bald and the beautiful

So, my lovely bride skipped town without giving me a haircut that I desperately needed. For those of you who don't know, I have two problems with my hair that make me always keep it short: first, I have about 28 calics on my head. Believe it or not, my hair grows in every direction possible. Unless it's really short, or really long, it just looks stupid. Second, my hair is very, very thick. It's not as bad in the winter, but when it's hot out I just DIE. Anyhow, because my normal barber is gone I felt that I needed to try to cut my own hair (before you ask, there's no way in hell I'm paying someone $15 to take 2 minutes to shave my head). I figured "how hard can it be?". I quickly found out. My first problem was that I had to take my glasses off in order to cut my hair - thereby blinding myself. Not a situation conducive to a successful haircut. The next problem I discovered is that I have one lumpy head. I mean, I don't know how many times I was dropped as a baby, but clearly something happened cuz I just don't think that's a normal amount of lumpiness. So, as I thought might happen, I ended up shaving my head as you can see. So far, I have only one problem - when I pull a t-shirt over my head, I'm used to nothing happening. Now it gets stuck and pulls my scalp - it actually kinda hurts. I guess that's what I get for being a cheap bastard eh? I haven't decided if I'll keep it shaved or not. It was quite a lengthy process, not to mention that my wife will prolly have something to say about it. All I know is that my head is literally, if not figuratively, cool.

8 comments:

Brian said...

Congratulations, you've taken your Picard fetish one step too far.

Morgan Bonner said...

You forget that Capt. Sisko was bald as well. He was always my favorite - always doing things that would have made Picard's head explode.....

YO MAMA said...

FOR THE RECORD SIR YOU WERE NEVER DROPPED ON YOUR HEAD. MAYBE ALL THAT STUBBORNESS YOU HAVE ACCUIRED OVER THE YEARS HAS TIED YOUR BRAIN IN KNOT.

Morgan Bonner said...

Hmmm...sounds like someone has something to hide! I knew it!!!

Allison Bonner said...

i can't believe you shaved your head! ana says that you look like a cancer patient. you are quite skinny and pale...and why did you take your glasses off? i hate it when you do that, you look so handsome with your glasses. hmmm...we might have to revisit this issue when i get home :o)

Morgan Bonner said...

Well I took the glasses off because of the glare from the lights in the store. Or, perhaps it was the glare from the top of my head.

debz said...

you ARE one cheap bastard

Bill Wheatley said...

wow you look like me bones thats weird :)