Thursday, April 13, 2006

Some days you get the bear....

Well the SC Seamless Gutters are now 0-2 on the season after an embarrassing 16-0 defeat at the hands of RCS Construction. The game was called in the 5th inning due to the ever infamous mercy rule. I thankfully didn't make any errors this time, but only got to bat once and hit a weak grounder to 2nd. My first clue that something wasn't right came when I arrived at the field and picked up my jersey. I had requested an extra-large jersey, number 29 with the name of "BONNER" on the back. Instead I got a large jersey (too tight!), number 29 with the name of "JERSEY" on the back. It was actually kind of funny, but I guess I should have known it was going to be a long night. 15 more games to go in the regular season....better pick it up if we want to make the playoffs.

PLAYOFFS??!!!

3 comments:

Brian said...

No worries, Jersey. I guarantee we'll make the playoffs.

/all teams make the playoffs.

Bill Wheatley said...

HAHAH good stuff MacFleckno.

Jersey thats funny. You've made my day slightly less crappy. Btw i'm getting a 10k cash bonus to stay at my job instead of bolting to my old job to work for him again.

Don't get too excited it's not just spending money its paying off a debt money. :) But still woohoo

chris said...

With a name like "The Seamless Gutters" I think you're doomed. Way to go Jersey!