Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Opening day

Last night was opening day for the men's softball league in Beaufort that I joined - my team, the SC Seamless Gutters, lost 16-13 to the Soggy Bottom Boys. I went 1 for 5 and made 3 errors at 2nd base. I was a human vacuum at 2nd during all the practices leading up to our first game, so I can only attribute my craptacular performance to opening day jitters. Or it could have been that classic double with cheese that I inhaled during my 10 minute lunch break. Either way, I let the team down - one of the reasons I wanted to play in this league was to get off my ass and do something competitive first the first time this decade. Unfortunately, one of the things that goes along with that is feeling like poop if you don't play well. My only solace at the moment is that it's a long season and there's plenty of time to redeem myself. That, or confirm once and for all that all the athletic talent that I used to have has completely left my old and broken down body. Sigh.

3 comments:

Allison Bonner said...

You were great, baby! I had fun watching your sexiness out on the field!

Morgan Bonner said...

Man you really like those new sweatpants huh? Or, should I say, ballpants? ;)

Bill Wheatley said...

Lol hang in there bro you will do great. I remember your uber skills back from the little league days.