Thursday, February 09, 2006

Game on!

Went to Target with Matt today - we were looking for a phone jack splitter but instead we found the first ever "holy crap they actually have them in stock" XBOX 360's. I'd gone to Target back in November when it first launched - despite arriving at 8:02 AM, I walked away empty handed, as my fellow Bluffton gamers beat me to it by camping outside Target the night before. So it took a while, but I finally happened upon some in stock today. My credit card nearly jumped out of my wallet (and maybe it would have been better if it had), but I got it under control and signed my life away. Thankfully it seems that the Playstation 3 won't be released for quite a while, maybe not even this year, so I've got some time to pay this baby off. Now all I have to do is actually have a chance to use it - my lovely bride is seen here stealing it from me already! Actually, this is a good thing. If there's one thing I've learned over the years boys, it's that if your girl plays video games with you, she's a keeper :0)

6 comments:

Brian said...

Congratulations, you have purchased the most sophisticated gaming system on the planet.

You can play games that feature copious amounts of blood, often spilled by and from CGI babes with endlessly perky and gravity-defying breasts. In other games, the sports teams from Denver, no matter how pathetic their real-life counterparts are, routinely rip opponents apart as if they're middle schoolers.

And Allison is playing something that looks a lot like Tetris.

For shame. A squadron of hard-core gamers will be by this weekend to confiscate your console. You obviously are not worthy. Resistance is futile.

Allison Bonner said...

i can only play the logic games...they're fun to me, isn't that sad?

chris said...

I was just going to crack on Allison for using a $400 state-of-the-art game console to play tetris. (Shit, even phones have tetris on 'em nowadays!)

But that infernal Dearth beat me to it.

You'd think you'd at least get Tetris with gravity-defying breasts, or oozing beautifully rendered blood and gristle, but no. Just glassy hexagons. It's a shame.

Morgan Bonner said...

The really crappy thing is that because I didn't know I was going to be buying this thing, I didn't have any 360 games on my GameFly que. I have to send a couple games back first so I prolly won't play a 360 game until 2 weeks after I bought it. I did, however, download SmashTV from XBOX Live - it ain't HALO, but at least it's something.

Allison Bonner said...

dude...morgan told me to sit in front of the tv so he could take a freakin' picture for his blog. he was the one who chose the game AND he only had two to choose from...back off bitches!

Morgan Bonner said...

You know what I said about keeping a girl who plays video games with you? Forget it.