Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Caution: nerds at play

Yeah, so I bought a couple more Lightsabers. Got the Luke Skywalker 'saber from Return of the Jedi, and also the one used by Mace Windu. You know, the one that Samuel L. Jackson used (amazingly enough, it does in fact come engraved with "BMF" on it). Anyway, I thought this would round out my collection, but not two days after I ordered them I got the e-mail that Master Replicas would also be releasing the Darth Maul double-bladed lightsaber from Episode 1. This total and complete awesomeness can be mine for only $199. Yikes. Man this is starting to be one expensive fetish I've got going here. Now, I know what you're thinking - you're thinking "but Morgan - a true Jedi would build his own lightsaber, not buy one from a store". You are correct of course - I have already constructed the lightsaber itself using pieces of a drain pipe I bought at Home Depot, but I am having great difficultly finding the necessary crystal. And as we all know...

The crystal is the heart of the blade.
The heart is the crystal of the Jedi.
The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
The Force is the blade of the heart.
All are intertwined
The crystal, The blade, The Jedi.
You are one.

- Speech made during lightsaber construction ceremony

So if anybody knows where I might be able to procure a primary focusing crystal (which just happens to let me violate the laws of physics over and over again) please contact me!!

3 comments:

Brian said...

You can get one a them there primary focusin' crystal thingies down at the Wal-Marts. And they got this here deal goin' on where if'n you buy one, you get yourself a free bag a Fritos.

Lerxst said...

Seriously, Brian, do you really think 8-year-old Chinese and Indonesian kids are capable of making focusing crystals?

Since they don't let them beat the kids anymore they can't even put dogether a decent shirt.

Damn those bleeding-heart Amnesty International types.

Bill Wheatley said...

No focusing crystals for you you're no real jedi.