Sunday, January 22, 2006

Not exactly super

Well the Broncos season came to a abrupt end tonight as they lost the AFC championship game to the Steelers. I have to say that although they have lost three other times in the playoffs since they last won the Super Bowl during the '98 season, this one hurt quite a bit more for some reason. Maybe it's because they ended up having the game at home because of the Colts losing. Maybe it's because they just flat out got their asses handed to them by Pittsburg. Or maybe it's just because I could have sworn this was going to be their year. All the breaks seemed to be going their way pretty much the whole season, and even when they didn't I was still confident all would work out in the end. Following a tradition that I started 10 years ago when they lost in the playoffs at home to Jacksonville, as soon as the game was over I turned off the TV - no way I was going to sit there and watch the Steelers accept the AFC trophy on our home field - and headed straight to work to blow off some steam. The idea is to take my mind off what I just saw and in the process get a jump on the week. I'm currently wiping out a Advertising G5 and writing this while it zero's out. Anyway, yes it sucks, but as I said to a few people this week (perhaps anticipating this result somehow) it is different when your team has won the Super Bowl, even if it has been a while since it happened. I don't think I'll be still feeling this loss a week from now, as I used to when they lost their Super Bowls in the 80's. It was a great season, they should be bringing most everyone back for another run next year, and hey - any season when they beat the Raiders twice is a success as far as I'm concerned! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to finish up here at work, then go home and pop in my Super Bowl 32 DVD. Yes, I still lose it when Elway hoists the trophy and I don't care what you think about that.

7 comments:

Bill Wheatley said...

Sorry bones i had hoped it would be one our of teams that made it to the superbowl. I'll cheer for pittsburgh though becuase i'll be damned if i'm going to cheer for the seahawks who beat my skins :(

Robyn said...

Dude, I don't know which is sadder ... the fact that you still cry when Elway hoists the trophy, or the fact that your idea of "blowing off steam" is to wipe a G5. ;)

Sorry 'bout the loss.......

Robyn said...

P.S. - Do you plan to post your letter of apology to Mr. Wojciechowski?
Just wondering.

Morgan Bonner said...

What am I apologizing to him for? The fact that he's a complete tool?

Bill Wheatley said...

There is nothing to apologize for he was being a jackass either way.


What do you think there is to apologize for?

Anonymous said...

John Elway is a dirty Republican.

Morgan Bonner said...

I prefer "misguided" Republican. But yeah, pretty much :(