Sunday, November 13, 2005

No, I can't help you with that. Try Google.

From my favorite computer stupidities website.....this one struck me as I've had several conversations with people at work (who shall remain nameless) asking me how to pursue various illegal activities online - getting free music, copying DVD's, etc.....

Customer: "Hi, I need some help."

Tech Support: "That's what we're here for. How may I help you?"

Customer: "I've heard of people getting on the Internet and using it to hack into their banks and change account balances, and I was wondering if you could walk me through that."

Tech Support: "No sir, that's strictly illegal. We can't do that here."

Customer: "No, don't try and pull any fast ones. There's nothing illegal on the Internet."

Tech Support: "Yes there is, sir. You can break the law on the Internet."

Customer: "Look, son, don't you go making up any stories about laws on the Internet. If you don't know how to do what I want you to, put me on the line with someone who does!"

Tech Support: "Sir, there is no way anyone here will help you with that or any other illegal activity."

Customer: "That's IT! If you don't know what you're doing, I want to talk to your supervisor now!"

This would be the first and only time I ever heard a supervisor call a customer an idiot over the phone.

No comments: