Sunday, November 06, 2005

By the bye

Once every football season, usually around week 9 or so, the Broncos don't play. Whenever this happens, my weekend is thrown completely out of whack. Those magical 3 hours that I can usually count on aren't there. So I have to find other ways to pass the time. I started the 2005 Broncos bye week by attempting to sleep in. As always, I had no success. I dearly wish I knew why I can't seem to get back to sleep after I've woken up. Anyway, I let Allison sleep (she doesn't have any problem sleeping past noon) and went out to the living room to play a little Soul Calibur. Three hours later (love that game) Allison awoke and promptly asked what we were doing for the rest of the day. A question I'd been asking myself since the Broncos schedule was released last spring. We ended up watching a movie that was pretty boring save for some eye candy, and going to the park to have a picnic and toss around the football. I will say that it was a relaxing day, not having to worry about losing and all. But there's nothing quite like rooting for my team on a Sunday. I will be very happy to be able to do so once again, especially since it is now officially Raider week.

What is silver and black, silver and black, and silver and black? A drunken Raider fan rolling down the bleachers.

You’re trapped in a room with a Lion, Cobra snake and a Raiders fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?  Shoot the Raiders fan – twice.

What do Raiders fans and laxatives have in common? Both irritate the absolute crap out of you.

5 comments:

Brian said...

The Chicago Bears are now 2 games up over the Lions and the Vikings. The Bears also have not lost yet against divisional opponents.

That is all.

Allison Bonner said...

i was very proud of morgan. i believe it was the first time since he has owned his blackberry that he did not take it with him. we were completely incommunicado...didn't have cell phones or a wallet. the police wouldn't have anything to identify us with...well, maybe that DNA stuff...

Bill Wheatley said...

I'm proud of you bo.

chris Yates said...

Holy God! He left home without the blackberry on his belt! Did the earth stop rotating?!?!

Allison Bonner said...

almost...i think it was actually quite liberating for him. he was rolling around in the grass catching the football...like a dog and a frisbee...he he he