Monday, October 24, 2005

Somewhere out there exists a version of Morgan that actually updates his blog

I read this article and decided I'd share with the group. I'm not generally one to start a debate on quantum mechanics at the local watering hole (cuz I think getting a passing grade in Algebra 1 is a prerequisite) but I've always been facincated by the many-worlds theory. Think of every major decision you've ever made - now imagine a universe that exists outside of our own where you made the opposite decision. This can be anything from asking Jennifer to the prom instead of Kelly, or having french toast one morning instead of pancakes. What is your life like in a different universe where you turned left instead of turning right? Obviously, the implications of such a state - one in which anything that can happen, does - are profound. Many opponents of the theory are seemingly driven primarily by the belief that you cannot possibly have a soul if there is an infinite number of one individual spread across different realities. But I say that my soul is no more or less intact than that of duplicate Morgan #1199r249929ssl2k299911k, who is supreme ruler of the universe. Well, his universe anyway.

Discuss.
/bonus points for anyone who reads both those links in their entirety....
//double bonus points for anyone that understands more than 20% of it....

3 comments:

Brian said...

I actually did ask Kelly to my prom. I wonder what would have happened if I went with someone else. Maybe I would have gotten lucky...

Allison Bonner said...

well, I never went to the prom...I was never asked :( I think I am better off because of it though. I had much more fun with my friends going out of town to a ski resort that weekend!

Bill Wheatley said...

hurricanes suck nuts. I got my power back last night though lol.