Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Adventures in CRACKberry land


If you have spent any time with me in the past year, chances are you've seen me tapping away on my beloved Blackberry. More so than any other gadget I've ever owned, this baby has changed my life. However, she has two major shortcomings, although only one of which is her fault: first, I get very little reception at home thanks to being a Verizon customer. It's enough to get data on, but not enough for voice. The other, and this one is a little more personal, is that if you've ever seen me using it as a phone, then you know how big of a dork (ok, how much bigger of a dork) I look like holding what appears to be a calculator up to my ear.

As we have recently re-signed here at the apartment for another year, I am in need of an upgrade. Although it will pain me greatly to give up my baby, it is kinda important that I be reachable when those late night ad problems strike. With this in mind, I must fire up my reality distortion field (not to be confused with the somebody else's problem field) and convince my wonderful-human-being-whom-I-am-so-lucky-to-work-for boss to let me get one of these puppies. She's purdy.....and built in GPS!!!! Firggin' SWEET!! Anyway, keep those cards and letters coming people - Morgan needs a new toy!

3 comments:

chris Yates said...

I'm worried, but not surprised, that you refer to the blackberry as "her".

I take it T-Mobile didn't pan out?

Bill Wheatley said...

Yea get sprint it worked well for me during the storm. Verizon was ok too but the rest of the cell providers down here are wiped out today even lol

Allison Bonner said...

chris, you'd be surprised by how many "women" i have to contend with...