Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Cruel Summer

It just dawned on me that today is the last day of summer. Even though this date feels largely symbolic, given that it was in the 90's today, I still find this fact pleasing. Goodbye summer of 2005....how about you let the door nail you in the ass on the way out....

"Hot summer streets and the pavements are burning I sit around trying to smile but the air is so heavy and dry strange voices are saying (ah, what did they say) things I can't understand it's too close for comfort this heat has got right out of hand It's a cruel, (cruel) cruel summer leaving me here on my own it's a cruel, (it's a cruel) cruel summer now you're gone you're not the only one it's a cruel The city is crowded, my friends are away, and I'm on my own it's too hot to handle so I gotta get up and go, and go It's a cruel, (cruel) cruel summer leaving me here on my own it's a cruel, (it's a cruel) cruel summer now you're gone you'e not the only one"

No comments: