Thursday, September 29, 2005

30 in 30

Today I am 27 and a half years old. I mention this because it means that in just 30 months I will turn 30. 30 months left before I start the long slow decent into middle age. I keep thinking about this quote that I read a while back: "if your memories exceed your dreams, the end is near". What happened to that idealistic young man I used to know? The one who already had his agenda for his first term as President laid out and was working on his goals for the second....it seems he has been replaced by someone who gets caught up in the practicality of every day life. But that's supposed to happen to you AFTER you hit 30. It seems I'm a little early - I need to do something about that. I have 912 days left to do so.....

1 comment:

Allison Bonner said...

skydiving? well, then you might not make it to 30. might want to stick to something a little less daring.