Friday, August 05, 2005

Spine tingling

So there I am - well, actually, that's not me - that's some other guy I found when doing a Google image search. But mine looked a lot like that. A little less curved maybe. And I think a few of my vertebra are facing the opposite direction. But anyway, I saw my spine today. According to my new friends at the Chiropractors office, it's in pretty good shape. Although there are a few "problems" up towards the top of my neck (hence the pain I guess, but of course I'm no doctor...). So they wanted to start my treatments immediately. 3 times a week for 4 weeks straight. Now, putting aside the questions I have about the validity of chiropractic medicine in the first place, of more immediate concern is the fact that since my insurance does not cover any of it, we would be talking about a total cost of $468 to have these treatments!

Obviously, I think I will be sticking to the Advil for the time being. My hope is to upgrade my insurance at some point and then go to a real.....err....I mean....more specialized physician.

1 comment:

Bill Wheatley said...

Heh don't know if i told you remember when i had that car accident in dads van when i was a kid. And remember why you would say wtf do you move your neck so much for. Apparently after having my other car ACCIDENT 3 of my vertabra fused so i lost like 45% of my neck movements heh. GOod times good times.