Saturday, August 27, 2005

Back in blue (and orange)


Tonight I watched my first Bronco game in over 8 months. They defeated the Colts 37-24, but the important thing was that it's football, and it's back! THANK GOODNESS. It will be so nice to have my Sunday's taken up with football once again, especially since currently my Sunday's are taken up with complete and utter boredom. Still gotta work on getting the Ticket someday....but at least it's better now than it was back when I was young Broncomanic....

Growing up we had no cable TV, nor did we have any local NBC station. I mention this because back then NBC broadcast the AFC games. So that meant that the only time I got to see the Broncos play was when they were on Monday Night Football - or when they were in the playoffs. This was also back in the days before the web, so I never did hear any news or information about the team during the week. I was lucky to catch a highlight or two on my local news sports cast. It was truly the dark ages....how did we ever survive those days? Anyway, I'm quite glad it's 2005, and if I'm willing to cough up the dough, I can see my team play whenever I want. Of course, I spend all my money on computers and other assorted gadgets, so....umm....anyone who has the Ticket wanna invite me over? I'll bring the Texas Caviar....

1 comment:

Brian said...

Good thing for you that they don't have to play the Bears this year. With their rookie QB and rookie RB, the Bears are sure to destroy all their opponents.