Thursday, May 12, 2005

A tale told by an idiot

I think it's time for my first public commentary on an important issue of the day. So what will this commentary be about? The battle over judicial nominees? The Bolton nomination? The war in Iraq? Nope - this. Bill Gates says that the iPod will not sustain itself. That Apple has lost market position before. Well, that's true Bill. It's true because you stole the idea of a GUI from Apple, licensed it for pennies thereby undercutting everyone else, and have since managed to screw it up royally.

In this humble IT droid's opinion....the iPod will see competition from cell phones, but not in the foreseeable future. In order for there to be competition, someone needs to be putting hard drives in their cell phones. And I'm not talking about 1GB hard drives - I'm talking about 20GB hard drives. There is a reason Apple sells more 20GB iPods than any other size - that's the sweet spot for most people's music collection. This is why we are constantly hearing about the iTunes phone from Motorola. The music and cell phone concept is in it's infancy - but Apple is right in the middle of it. They will be fine - it's Micro$oft, on the other hand, that will be shut out. Their crap simply doesn't work. It never does. They threw their hat in with the subscription music download services, for some reason thinking that people would rather rent their music rather than own it. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Well, I guess that's the first of my many-more-to-come anti-Micro$oft ramblings. For all you poor souls viewing this blog on a Pee-Cee....do yourself a favor - go here and buy a Mac would ya? You'll thank me later....

Oh, and don't worry right-wingers - my take on those judicial nominees will come.....just waiting for the Senate Repubs to use the nuclear option. Once they do, believe me - I'll have lots to say :)

No comments: