Monday, May 09, 2005

The nerd will be with you....always

So my Lightsaber came today. I was highly excited - until I took it out of the box and put batteries in it, only to realize that when I did so, it turned on but wouldn't turn off without the removal of said batteries. Am currently contemplating sending it back for repair, although the thought of that makes me ill. I simply must have it to take with me to the midnight show on the 19th! Actually, I'm kidding about that. No way would I ever in a million years take such a valuable possession with me to Savannah, GA at midnight. It's bad enough I'll be taking my car. Anyway...for the brief few moments that it was working properly, I was in SW nerd heaven. While it isn't quite capable of being taken into a rough cantina and used to slice off the arm of some dude who is a wanted man in 12 systems, it's still as close as our current level of technology can get us to the real thing. Assuming it can be repaired....I then must prepare myself for the ultimate trial that a Jedi can ever face - convincing the wife to let me display it in the living room....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"This weapon is your LIFE. Try not to lose it."

-Obi-Want-One-ee

Morgan Bonner said...

You know what else it's good for? Freaking out cats.