Tuesday, May 10, 2005

My arms hurt

As some of you may know, I have recently joined a gym. I have done this because of my desire to never again return to my "Popeye's weight" of 2002, when I ballooned to 180 lbs. As you may have guessed, this was a direct result of my eating at that fine establishment 5 times a week. Anyway, after going on a diet and getting back to playing tennis and basketball last year, I managed to return to my normal weight of 160 lbs. However, I found that I wasn't staying as active as I needed to be, and was slowly returning to my sloth-like ways. Enter Allison, who decided that she wanted to join a gym. After much deliberation, as well as persuasion by both Allison and Robyn, I signed my life away. My plan was to mainly focus on cardio workouts, but sure enough when I got there, I immediately gave into my selfish desires to look like one of those dudes that sells fitness equipment on television. You know, the guy who lives at the gym and gets all the chicks...so why is it that after 2 weeks of intense pain and suffering on these machines....I still look the same? I think I need some steroids or something. Well, either that or some new DNA. In any case, I will continue to pump iron like a man possessed until I look ripped....or rip a muscle....whichever comes first.

4 comments:

chris said...

Had Popeye's for dinner last night. Positively scrumtrulescent.

Morgan Bonner said...

If only I lived 2 blocks from a Popeyes....you sir, are one lucky sonofagun.

Anonymous said...

I think you need some giant chocolate chip cookies topped with RediWhip mounds for dinner, and chocolate fudged cheese cake for desert. And don't forget the lettuce...in memory of Ted.

-Guess Who

Morgan Bonner said...

In your honor, I will now go into the breakroom and have a bowl of ice cream with an entire can of RediWhip poured on top. Great suggestion!